SENIOR PROCESS SAFETY ENGINEER
Education and work experience:
Higher education (University degree or higher) in the relevant speciality and not less than 4 years of work experience in the position of Process Safety Engineer
• Lead KPO Process Safety and Risk Management programs, policies and guidelines with particular attention to hazard and risk management;
• Partner with KPO Directorates and Controllerships to ensure that process safety requirements, programs and procedure are wee understand, implement, programs and procedures are well understood, implemented and embedded by the departments.
• Support design and operational integrity across KPO Directorates and enable compliance with the KPO Process Safety and Integrity Management Standard and Safety and Asset Integrity values.
Necessary knowledge and skills:
• Onshore oil and gas upstream facilities
• RoK and international codes, regulations, standards and best practices;
• Deep knowledge in developing and understanding and communicating consequence and risk based software models;
• Engineering work processes, inter-discipline coordination, change management;
• EERA, FERA, Safety Case or DSIU development and implementation;
• LOPA/ HAZOP/ HAZID techniques, Working investigation, auditing and safety management systems;
• Engineering practice for project concept selection, FEED study, detailed design follow-on engineering and closeout;
• Ability to manage contractor progress and flexibility to adapt to changing circumstances;
• Leadership, mentorship, team-building skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment;
• Business partnering skills to coach, support and challenge colleagues in all KPO directorates and external contractors; experience of safety/ risk based software (consequence and risk modelling software).