Education and work experience:
Higher education (University degree or higher) in the relevant speciality and not less than 2 years of work experience as Quantity Surveyor.
- Provide quantity surveying support the development, preparation, and modification of the technical and supporting documentation related to award and execution of existing/future contract agreements with contractor entities.
- Review estimates and forecasts of the work performed/planned, cost and commitment reports, technical evaluation plans/performance feedback reports, call off notices, application for payments, acceptance acts, close-out reports.
- Validate contractors, subcontractors and suppliers interim progress payments and re-measurement of the scope of work and design documentation (and revisions thereto) for existing/future contracts in accordance with contract terms and conditions, and evaluate and the cost of additional works to ensure variations claimed within the progress payment applications, have received the appropriate approvals.
Necessary knowledge and skills:
- specialist knowledge: engineering / construction knowledge in the specialist activity of quantity surveying;
- contracting: ability to work within multi-national and multi-cultural environments, and the understanding of the client role;
- organisation processes: internal standards, suppliers qualification methodology and techniques, feed-back development and diffusion, site materials and equipment organisation;
- supports and technologies: standard ISO, TQM and quality system, technical requirement and standards, local/national requirements and standards;
- compliance: local/national and international standard and codes, health, safety, environment and quality;
- plant design: discipline related;
- construction and installation: inspection, installation, national supervision, inspection, control and testing techniques;
- microsoft packages, with strong emphasis on Excel;
- mathematical analytical skills.