Welding and NDE Inspector
Education and work experience:
Higher education in the relevant speciality, secondary professional education in the relevant speciality or other technical and not less than 2 years of work experience as Welding and NDE Inspector.
- Ensure welding and NDE activity is carried out in accordance with approved Welding Procedure Specifications and Project Specifications and Procedures (Welding and NDE Inspector III). Monitor and supervise for the proper implementation by contractor companies of the requirements of the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the corporate policy of KPO on safety, health and environmental protection and the practical application of the rules and regulations of the safety system adopted in the KPO.
- In addition to stated above the following are the main functions of Welding and NDE Inspectors I and II levels: - Assure training and mentoring of staff in area of welding and NDE. - Coordinate NDE and welding inspection activities of temporary teams during periods of peaks of workloads and programmed plant shutdowns.
Necessary knowledge and skills:
- local rules and laws, codes, local and international standards, best industry practices regarding NDE and welding;
- project specification and procedure (including those of contractors) for materials and construction and, particularly, NDE and welding inspection;
- general procedures and practices for NDE and welding performance during construction and personnel qualification;
- company HSE Policy and Procedures;
- thorough understanding and be able to interpret local and international codes (ASME, API, NACE, GoST, SNiP);
- inspection and repair of in-service piping and vessels in accordance with API 510 & 570;
- inspection skills and experience on equipment fabrication / repair and inspections / NDE techniques.